Blog Archives

Adamawa villagers today killed 70 Boko Haram men searching for food

According to a report by Sahara Reporters, no fewer than 70
members of Boko Haram were killed today May 16th by members of a
vigilante group in the Madagali town of Adamawa state and captured seven alive who they handed over to the police. 
 
The vigilantes reportedly acted after they were tipped off by a local food
vendor that the militants were coming to get food before heading out for
a major operation to raid villages in the area, usually carried out at
night.
 
With this information, the vigilantes mobilized, laid ambush and patiently waited for the men of the sect. The men, numbering about 100, showed up later at night to pick up their meal and that was when the vigilantes attacked them, killing most and arresting the ones that survived the assault. Continue…

Today’s attack is reportedly the second time this week that local vigilantes have defeated Boko Haram men. A security source told SaharaReporters that resident in
many remote areas in the North seem to have decided that the best
way to repel incessant attacks by Boko Haram
insurgents was to take matters into their own hands.

A vigilante member involved in today’s ambush told a Sahara Reporters correspondent that Nigerian soldiers appear unable or unwilling to wage
an effective war against the insurgents.

“They (soldiers) seem to be
helpless and to fear the Boko Haram warriors who terrorize us here. But
we are not afraid. They are men like us. And we are tired of folding up
our hands and allowing them to kill us, to kill our wives and to kill
our children.”

Source: Sahara Reporters

For Updates on BBM, Kindly Add Pin:27F9E580

BREAKING NEWS: Location OfBoko Haram’s Training Camp Uncovered

The concerted efforts of the Nigerian security forces and their Nigerien counterparts yielded results on Tuesday with the discovery of a Boko Haram training camp in Niger Republic.
Boko Haram emir Abubakar Shekau makes his first major video appearance

*Boko Haram leader

A security source said that the discovery was made by the Nigerien security forces, who had been collaborating with the Nigerian security agents in the fight against terrorism.

The source stated that the discovery of the camp of the insurgents was conveyed to Nigeria in a security report on Tuesday.

The Nigeriens, who were believed to have interrogated some of the insurgents,  said  Boko Haram devoted the camp to a specialised training for the use of long range anti-tank and anti-aircraft weapons.

Investigations revealed that the insurgents were focusing on the use of a dangerous weapon they had acquired, the AA 12, which is one of the world deadliest shotguns.

One of its versions could also be used to shoot down fighter aircraft.

The source said that while the insurgents had acquired the lethal weapon, they had not got the expertise to fully utilise it.

The insurgents were said to be using the weapon “on eject role alone,” which meant shooting somebody directly with it, without maneuvering it for other more lethal uses.

Efforts made to get the details of the discovery from the Director of Defence Information, Maj.-Gen. Chris Olukolade, were not successful as the repeated calls to his mobile telephone line were not successful.

The discovery of the training camp followed the arrest of 20 insurgents in Diffa, Niger Republic by the country’s security forces on Monday.

An international news agency, Reuters,  reported that the Boko Haram members were arrested while they were planning to attack markets and other thickly populated areas in retaliation against Niger’s support for Nigerian’s battle against terrorism.

Niger’s Army Chief, Gen. Seyni Garba, was quoted in  the Monday’s edition of Le Sahel, a state-owned newspaper as having said, “The bloodbath planned by the terrorist organisation to punish our country has fortunately been avoided.”

There had been  anxiety in high security circles over the use of ransom by the Boko Haram to acquire cheap,  but deadly weapons in circulation from the Libyan crisis.

A source said that security personnel were of the opinion that the recurrent attacks against Nigerian villages were being perpetrated with new arms acquired with ransom money.

Via

BB Pin:27F9E580

Buhari condemns Boko haram’s ‘senseless’ ideology

Following Boko Haram’s massacre in eight Borno communities on Sunday, former Head of State and chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, APC, General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd), has described the sect’s ideology as devilish and senseless.

Buhari, in an unprecedented rebuke against the sectarian violence, called on the security agencies and the authorities to intensify vigilance just as he expressed amazement that the terrorists and criminal elements could still express themselves despite the heavy militarization of the region.

In a statement posted on his facebook page, the three-time presidential candidate and national leader of APC said: “We condemn the recent escalation of senseless violence in Borno State. Our prayers and sympathies are with the victims and their families.

“There is no justification for this wanton disregard for the sanctity and dignity of human life. Any ideology that trafficks in terror and violence is a devilish ideology that has no place in a civilized society.

“This is the time for our security agencies and those responsible for the security and well-being of our citizens to intensify vigilance in order to mitigate future occurrences.

“Because, it is inconceivable that despite heavy militarization, terrorists and other criminal elements are still able to terrify the defenceless populations of those areas.

“May God grant us the strength and unity to overcome this.”

Via

BB Pin:27F9E580

%d bloggers like this: